Full Time, Permanent
£33,299.63 pa +9% pension
Sunday 29th May 22 (midnight)
Tuesday 7th June 22
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader excited to help develop the business. They will support the Business Development Manager and the broader team in ensuring that Wildscapes CIC is a progressive social enterprise with an excellent reputation, delivering for people, wildlife, the natural environment, and Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust.
You will manage the Wildscapes Land Team to oversee the delivery of high quality conservation, land management and maintenance contracts. Core services include moorland restoration, invasive species treatment, livestock fencing, tree planting and woodland management, wildlife habitat creation and restoration, and natural flood risk management.
You’ll also lead and manage the Wildscapes land management service in a professional and business-minded way, taking responsibility for an excellent level of technical output, quality, and health and safety across the delivery programme.
Manage delivery contracts and budgets, and actively seek out and develop new clients to successfully secure contracts.
The role requires a hands-on approach including supporting teams on site where required.
You will have:
- A knowledge of the land management sector
- A working knowledge of project & contract management processes
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety in relation to on-site land management delivery, including knowledge of CDM
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Contracts / Commercial Manager within a similar industry sector
- Prior experience of working within one or more of the following sectors: ecological contracting, landscaping, agricultural, countryside management and vegetation clearance industries.
- Successful contract and project delivery experience (within the Civils/Construction industry preferred)
- Strong project management experience, running contracts and managing multiple teams on-site
- Experienced in maintaining project health, safety, environmental and wellbeing standards
- Experience of seeking out new contract work, pricing, bidding and successfully securing profitable land management contracts.
- Experience of line managing a staff and volunteers, in both an office and remote location.
- Experience of developing and maintaining excellent customer/client relationships
If you think you have the skills & experience to bring to this role. We would love to hear from you.